Thursday 19 December 2013

A few photos taken on arrival in Henley

I mentioned in an earlier posting that I had taken some pictures with my mobile phone on arrival and the first day or so, but could not find the lead to connect up to the pc.  I have found it and here they are with a few comments under each picture

 This is a picture taken in the Catherine Wheel, which is a Wetherspoons pub and hotel. It is lovely in here, and there are two bars at each end in a very spacious pub. Also an outside area for the summer and smokers!

A view of the Henley Rugby pitch  on the Marlow Road- with a magnificent pile of leaves that have been swept up


Some fabulous old cottages in Henley


A section of road, New Street has a turn left only, and is a pedestrian hell as vehicles really zoom round the corner. Thankfully not this morning when I was pushing my Virgin media boxes to go back on a trolley. A kind driver, pulled up and beckoned me on. The people of Henley are great (so far and hopefully always)


 Another group of cute houses in Henley on Thames



The Kenton Theatre - they are staging Aladdin this year.

The Brakspear brewery, a neighbour tells me that they do not produce the beer here any more, I will do some research on this one!

A welcome to all on the river front from J Hooper and Sons - Keep Out private property!

More pictures to add shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment